Thursday, January 21, 2016

System 2 to Make a Fool of Us Too

Well, I said that I would wait until this morning's run of the NAM before issuing my snowfall forecast. And I am, reluctantly.

I am trying to come up with a sensible forecast, but my typical confidence in the NAM does not meet criteria for disseminating amounts that I feel comfortable with.

Nevertheless, I will have amounts posted by noon today for central and east Kentucky.

Again, let me emphasize that this will not be an easy forecast, I don't care how confident even the professional Mets feel.

So many dynamics that hopefully, the short term models will make sense of it. Right now, central Kentucky appears to be the bullseye, but this will also be the area that a mix could alter totals significantly.

Check back after 12:00 today for my call for snowfall.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...