Sunday, January 10, 2016

First Measurable Snow of the Winter

I have my first measurable snow as of 5:00 this morning January 10, 2016. Just over 0.1" has been realized so far on my snow board. The grassy areas of my yard have a wet slushy whitening.

Radar returns show a rapidly moving backside snow now past Owensboro. I am expecting perhaps 2 more hours tops before tapering off. An inch on average is what I see happening.

UPDATE 09:00 a.m.
I have read several storm reports submitted to NWS offices from Paducah to Wilmington OH.

1-2" amounts were common, mainly along and north of the Ohio River. I saw 2.8" from Orange county IN as the highest amount so far.

At the house in Valley Station, we had 0.5", and that may be quite generous. Still have not seen the official total from Louisville International but would figure less than 1".

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...