Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trying to Nail Down Derby Forecast

I've been following what the weather will be like for Derby day by analyzing maps, ensembles, and other graphs. And I'm still coming to a consistent conclusion.

In fact, I'm now upping my percentage chance for rain in the region for Saturday. Rain will be likely on Saturday. I will go with the minimum 60 percent chance for the day. However, what about the races, including the Derby race later in the day?

Still questionable. But I would put about a 40 percent chance for that. Highs look to still be in the low to mid 70's.

Therefore, expect that 40%  rain chance by post time with a temperature around 72. Actual high temps should come in around that: 71-74.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...