Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flooding Update

I recorded over 3" at my location during this storm event, most of which fell late last evening through the overnight hours. The slow eastward progression was hampered further by an apparent deformation zone, where it seemed like the rain was not moving at all. We like deformation zones in winter but NOT spring. In addition, since I've received nearly 4" of rain during the past 7 days, my basement is again letting me know about it. At least this time I'm top of the problem because of great timing. I got in from work early this morning and the water was just starting to trickle in.

Speaking of problems and timing, could not be any worse timing for the Thunder weekend coming up. A flood warning is in effect for the Ohio River upper and lower gages of McAlpine. The crest is expected to occur sometime on Friday, with minor flooding occurring. However, guess where that minor flooding will be occurring? Yep, right along the waterfront!

In addition, more heavy rain possible along with a chance for severe storms coming up by Friday. I'm away from my normal computer, so can't update with any special tools at the moment.

Will try to post later...\
MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...