Monday, February 20, 2017

MikJournal Monday 02/20/2017...More Broken Records

It's beginning to sound like a broken record, but daily record high temperatures, top ten warmest February's on record, and top ten warmest meteorological winters (Dec-Feb) on record are imminent.

I am not just referring to our region, but some climatic centers will likely record well-above normal winter temperatures. In fact, I wonder if this could be the warmest winter on record for the nation. Well, I don't know that, but I may make that a future project.

How about all of that rain in California? It sure looks like the big time drought is over. And all of that snow in the higher elevations? I saw reports of a location that has now recorded over 460" snow. In fact, some within that same mountainous area are expecting between 2 and 5 feet of additional accumulation this week.

I'll try to post numbers for our unusually warm February, that following a very mild January.

Could this lead to some severe weather later this week? There are signals. But, all parameters still need to align for such an event in our region.

Now, I have to cut this post short. My little daughter probably has the flu, and I am her chauffeur to the doctor's office.

MS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...