Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Valley Station KY Has Been Dry Lately

During the past two weeks since May 13, Louisville Int'l has recorded 0.77" rainfall. I live about 15 minutes southwest of the airport and have recorded about the same amount (0.76").

I planted my vegetable garden a bit late, on May 13 actually. The frost chances scared me off for a while. Also, I collected nearly 6 gallons of rain water this month. I'm down to 3 gallons or about 25 percent of my 12-gallon capacity.

Since my garden is bigger this year, I need more rain water during the dryer periods. Looks like our best chances will be this weekend. Hopefully, we can get a good soaking.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...