Monday, December 5, 2011

Snow Watch

The snow addict in me is telling me that this could be our first snow of the season of any significance. The latest NAM offered some hope for a burst of snow coming in here behind some really cold air.

One of the analog years that came up is one that I featured in my winter forecast, winter of 2000/01. The analog I saw corresponded with a Jan 2001 setup that put down widespread 2-4" amounts for central and east Kentucky. Some locations had well over 4" during the week.

Although it's still premature to say this is a definite snow setup, I'm getting excited. As I said in a past post, the Dec 7-9 time frame bore watching.

Let's see what the next couple of runs suggest. Pay attention to the NAM. If this is a true snow setup, the NAM will offer the best solution in time.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...