Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Microburst For Valley Station

Looking at the radar, one wouldn't think too much about the storm cell over my area. Sure, there is heavy rain and lots of lightning.

But I couldn't get over how localized the storm was. That actual cell was made up of several smaller cells within the main cell, each one with its own power.

At my house, we had a brief gust of 50 mph winds and lots of lightning and rain. Possibly one of those wet microbursts. A little over a half-inch of rain. Yet, two miles away at my parents' home, streets were submerged, hail up to pennies was falling, and intense lightning. I would say 1-2" had fallen within a 2-mile radius there.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...