Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tick Season Is Here...Babesiosis

I know friends who are planning their annual hiking/camping trip. Nothing can be as invigorating and peaceful (at the same time) as such a trip.

However, one of the downsides that can undermine the trip is the prevalence of ticks, or most disconcerting, deer ticks. These are the little guys that carry a particular bacteria known to cause Lyme disease, an inflammatory disease caused by the tick bite.

In addition, here is a video of a blood disease I don't recall hearing or reading about lately. Since I hate ticks, I'm surprised I haven't heard of this sooner. It's called Babesiosis.

For more information about Lyme disease, click this link.

Other useful information, including how to avoid tick bites can be found here.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...