Wednesday, July 20, 2011

High Dewpoints AGAIN

5:00pmUPDATE
Getting hammered in Valley Station! Lots of lightning, heavy rain, and strong winds. Just when I think the storm is moving on, we get hit from another direction. I've had winds from the northeast, east, southeast, and now west at times gusting over 40mph. Lots of little limbs down in the neighborhood. But I cannot get out in this because it's too dangerous. Too much lightning. I'll be trying to access LGE power outage page soon. My internet went out when I was trying to type this 15 minutes ago.
---------------------------
3:40pm UPDATE
CAPE vals near 6000! That's some high-quality instability. LI's in the vicinity of -8 to -9. Precipitable Water (PWATs) at 2.2.
That's one reason why storms are firing in the Louisville area. Just heard thunder at my location. The atmosphere is ripe for action! At 3pm, the highest temps in the state are at Bowling Green (96) and Covington (95).

Highest dewpoint readings: Ft Knox (82), Owensboro (81), and Louisville (80).

Highest Heat Indices: Ft Knox (116), Owensboro (115), and Louisville (112)
---------------------------------------------------
During the 1:00pm update, Louisville's dewpoint is at 80 degrees...oppressively oppressive. Heat index is at 111. My dewpoint reading here at my location is 81. So far, the highest heat index I found was at Ft Knox at 116.

Here is a contour map of the most recent dewpoints...

Our regional dewpoints are among the highest in the country...
MS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...