Friday, July 29, 2011

Keep Up With Don

Although our weather won't be directly impacted by Tropical Storm Don, it's always fun to track these systems, especially when they don't pose a huge impact to human life and property. In fact, beneficial rains will soak parts of the Lone Star state.

I've been tracking the storm and continue to hold to my initial forecast of 11pm F to 2am S landfall. I continue to use Corpus Christi as my primary feature with coordinates. However, a bit later, I will introduce other locations that could be near the center of Don's arrival.

Using the coordinates from my Excel program, I've calculated Don to be 292 miles away from Corpus Christi as of the 5:00am plot. Still some fluctuation in forward speed is expected but a midnight arrival is not entirely out of the question.

MS

1 comment:

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...