Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tornado Watch For Most of Kentucky

The SPC has posted a couple of Tornado Watch boxes dividing the I-65 corridor. Interestingly, the western Watch box has higher probabilities for severe weather than the eastern Watch box.

I think outflow boundaries east of I-65 support rapid storm development. But then again, leftover boundaries do exist in the western part of the state from last night's severe weather in the Midwest. In addition, destabilization has taken place across the western part while the eastern part is still dealing with remnants of most recent storms that have temporarily overworked the atmosphere.

My chainsaw is ready. I got my storm spotting gear ready to go. Let's see what happens.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...