Friday, November 25, 2011

True Confessions of a Snow Addict

Hi, I'm Mike S and I'm a snow addict. They tell me that I've taken the first step, good for me. They understand what I'm going through because they've been there.

But you know what? It's so hard to present the weather in winter without some biased intent or obsessive infatuation with the 'white stuff'. I must say that I've been looking forward to getting plowed by a good ole fashioned snow storm for the past few years.

The last good one I enjoyed was in March 2008, when a surprising 14" collected on my patio tables and chairs here in Valley Station. My little girl was only 6 weeks old; therefore, she doesn't have a clue what a real snow storm is since she slept the entire time I had her in my snow castle.

I do ask for your complete understanding when I start ranting about the 'big one'. I hope to be talking quite a bit about big snows this upcoming winter, but I'll try and tone it down a little at times.

Briefly, it does appear that Louisville could see its first real flakes of the season in a few days. However, I'm looking further down the road at December 2 and 6. We could see our first measurable snowfall during one or both of those time periods. Of course, these dates are approximate but does lend weight to the thought that December will indeed start out nice and wintry.

The models I've been looking at paint below to well below readings for the next 10 days at least, starting this Sunday. In the meantime, enjoy Friday and Saturday if you like pleasant weather. After that, winter's fixins will be on the top of my menu and I can't wait to get a taste of it.

Hey, what can I say? I'm a snow addict and proud of it.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...