Friday, February 25, 2011

Calm before (another) storm

A raw day out there. At my location, we had 2.90" of rain. I was expecting at least 3", so that was pretty close. I thought the severe weather forecast I made was pretty accurate, keeping it confined for the most part to the south and southwest part of the state. According to the map below, my expected heavy rain band did not quite materialize across Hardin county as it was just south of that.
 
...in fact, I was thinking there was a slight chance for 5-6" amounts IF t'storms repeatedly 'trained' over the same area. Otherwise, I offered 3-4", which turned out pretty close.

Here are some additional reports from our CoCoRaHS volunteers across the rest of the state:


and Graves county where a tragic flash flooding event occured
I'll be offering my tboughts on the next storm system soon. For now, I'm going to rest up a bit and take care of some chores. I'm a little bit behind. Ha ha.
MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...