Monday, September 21, 2015

MikJournal Monday 09/21/15

Good Monday afternoon...I have already posted something today. If you have a few minutes, look at the segment about Lexington's abysmal temperature readings for the past few years in comparison to other observation sites nearby. I am still poring over data for the last five years, not just for the month of August of those years. In fact, a future post will likely show more surprises with Lexington's temperature readings.

Meanwhile, what beautiful weather. Unfortunately, it has been a little too dry around here at my house. I have recorded just over an inch over the past 30 days or so. Not much rain in sight, either.

Some tropical moisture is going to impact the deserts in the southwest United States. Flash flood products are already out for those areas.

Tropic talk around these parts I see. Models apparently are jumping up and down about something developing in the Gulf. Right now, I am not a big fan of any models or the National Hurricane Center, as neither have had much success in forecasting anything close to the United States recently. But, I will look into it a little bit more.

Mark your calendar. The super moon and total lunar eclipse will occur on the same day, first time in some 30 years I read. Sunday evening, September 27.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...