Friday, April 14, 2017

A/C Time

The filter has been changed. Forecast for above 80 degrees today. Yep, it's that time. The A/C is coming on for the first time this season...well, maybe later today when I'm cooking.

Unfortunately, I cannot open the windows since the family struggles with allergy issues. Plus, I cut the front and back yard yesterday.

Remember, for yourself or your family members, after being outside during the pollen season for a significant period of time, the clothes we wear, yes, our hair and skin all collect pollen. If we do not take the time to change out of our clothes or take a brief shower, then we can transfer that pollen into the home, getting it on our pillows, furniture, and so forth.

Still, I love Spring. Soon, I'll be out there clearing out the garden, prepping the soil for planting my peppers and tomatoes along with some zucchini and yellow squash. Hey, my rosemary plant survived the winter for the first time in 3 years, or since I first started growing it in my garden. I still have to check on my thyme. I grow that one in a pot, but it came back last year, so, maybe it will come back again.

One other thing. My rain barrel will be operational by the end of the weekend. Hopefully, the showers we get will fill the 66 gallon reservoir, ready for dispensing come gardening season (right around the first Saturday of May).

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...