Thursday, November 15, 2012

MikeS 66 Index UPDATE

Yesterday, I introduced an index designed to take the 'temperature' of the U.S. I gathered data from 66 locations around the United States. Typically, I will just show the one number and provide a brief explanation of average, above average, below average, much above average, or much below average.

I will be featuring the index twice a week, on Wednesdays and Sundays. As I continue working on the database, I'll be dividing the U.S. into its climate sections and offer an opinion for each section based on the '66' locations I've chosen.

You can use this data to compare how well the NAO, AO, PNA, and other data from the Climate Prediction Center is faring.

As described on Wednesday, I'll use the high and low temperatures from these locations and take the average, thus giving the number for the index.

November 14's index number was based on November 13's data. Therefore, here was the final tally given on Wednesday, November 14

MikeS 66 Index - 42.9
Much Below Average

My official 2012/2013 winter forecast is coming very soon. Be looking for it.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...