Monday, April 30, 2012

Severe Weather Watch Possible

MD 630 graphic

At 2:30pm edt, thunderstorms are beginning to intensify just west of Mississippi river. Right now, there is a modest cap over our region. If the cap can erode in time, look for a strong line of storms to push through the area later this evening. I would say the most likely threat with this line will be strong winds.

I'll be following storm reports and local police scanners for the latest updates.

Severe storms would most likely favor an area west of Louisville. I would rate a 70% chance for a Watch to be issued. I would position the Watch from I-65 west with the northern boundary being around Columbus IN and the southern boundary being around Munfordville.

We'll wait and see for now. Stay safe.
---------------------
3:35pm UPDATE
Severe Thunderstorm WATCH in effect for areas along and west of I-65. Look for storms to continue intensifying...

Right now, no warnings in effect.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...