Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heavy Rain Totals Since Midnight

Here's a look at rain totals since midnight from Mesonet sites:

I really believe some of those totals are pretty accurate, especially the ones near Louisville and points just west and south. I noticed that Louisville Int'l has recorded over an inch of rain since midnight (NWS page); however, my rain gauge shows nearly 2" (I live in SW Jefferson county). That lines up pretty well with totals just to my west and south, some places seeing over 2.5" so far.

In addition, lots of lightning with these storms, not as intense as the other morning, though. Nevertheless, as I write this post, Duke Energy reports power out to about 750 customers in Indiana with 17 in Kentucky and Ohio. Meanwhile, LG&E/KU reports about 845 of its customers affected this morning.

Looks like more complexes to come...

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...