Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rain Totals Through 9pm 9/2/12 *Isaac's Remnants*

Although the areal coverage of the greatest precipitation is waning, I just received the heaviest period of rain since the precip's beginning yesterday. Within the past hour, here in Valley Station, I've just added over an inch of rain to yesterday's 1" plus amounts.

While I'm still awaiting for the rain to subside, a nearby pumping station in Valley Station is not recording any more rainfall at the moment. They have recorded 1.22" today in addition to yesterday's 1.13" for a 2-day total of 2.35".

Okay, the rain is fairly insignificant right now at my place. I have recorded 1.65" today (1.15" in the past hour). That gives me a 2-day running total of 2.81".

Fairdale High School is just 10 minutes away from my location and has recorded over 2.5" for the past two days and is still raining hard.

I'm also seeing Mesonet sites in the viewing area that are recording between 1.7 and 1.85" since midnight just south and southeast of Louisville.

NWS radar estimates are also verifying these heavy rain amounts for the southern and southwestern parts of Jefferson county.

More updates possibly later.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...