Sunday, June 19, 2011

WakeUp Call

Severe storms approaching the area this morning...
Here are updates...

1:25pm
Lots of damage in Valley Station. That was the meanest storm in our area since the derecho of 2004. I will be posting video footage as well as some pics of storm damage.
Interestingly, I did not get a chance to call into the NWS for my severe weather report. Winds gusted between 60-65 mph and I'm worn out from removing tree debris, some quite large, from blocked roadways.
More later...

7:25am
Looks like I will be going to my storm spotting location here in Valley Station. High winds are expected. Already getting reports of trees blocking roadways to our west in Perry county approaching Harrison county.
I will be reporting on downed lines and trees blocking roadways if these should occur.

7:15am
Tree down across road near old 231 looks near Perry county and Owensboro KY
More reports of trees down across roadways coming in on police scanners.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article and I look forward to reading your article blog.
    helmet stickers

    ReplyDelete

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...