Friday, February 21, 2020

Spring Cleaning (the blog)

I think it's about time for me to update the blog, maybe one day the entire blog page itself. For now, you may notice a few changes already. In my Miks Mix sidebar, for example, there are no listings or sites that I recommend. They either have relocated a web page or a site is having problems loading successfully. In addition, I have other outdated links I need to remove. Of course, some sites are seasonal, like *teleconnections*, *national snow cover map*, and so forth. Those, too, I will be removing, but they will be back next winter.

I will try to recommend fresh sites during the upcoming severe weather season. Some of my favorite news stations with quality meteorologists will be the KFOR news station out of Oklahoma City. I am also a follower of local scanner reports. If the weather is rather benign locally, I will follow what's happening elsewhere and give you the latest updates as it becomes available. These may include severe weather happenings, earthquakes, that kind of thing.

Hopefully, I can tap into some other social media sites as well. Of course, at times, it's difficult to winnow out the sensational from the realistic thus I might need to be judicious in what I post on the MikJournal site.

There you have it. Be looking for some of these updates over the next month or so. Have a good weekend, everyone.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...